Gas Fireplaces, Inserts, Stoves & Logs — It Doesn’t Get Any Cleaner, Greener, Or More Convenient!
Modern life is busy, and the more people you add to the household, the busier it seems to get. Most homeowners are always on the go — getting themselves ready, getting the kids ready, packing lunches, scarfing breakfasts, running out the door, running back in after work, scarfing dinner, and running back out for some school, work, or community obligation. The irony is, the busier you are, the more you need to relax, but who has big chunks of time to set aside for R&R?
Regency Bellavista B36XTCE Gas Fireplace
Regency Liberty LRI3E Gas Insert
Regency Classic C34 Gas Stove
Hargrove Rustic Timber Vented Gas Log
Enter gas fireplaces, stoves, inserts, and log sets: hearth appliances for the busy and the realistic.
Unlike wood-burning and pellet-burning appliances, gas hearth appliances require virtually no forethought, no planning, and no effort. Whether you can find an hour in your day or only 15 minutes, you can relax and enjoy the healing warmth and restoration of a fire.
These appliances are also clean burning and don’t produce the emissions and environmental pollutants that other fuels can. Not only will you enjoy a smaller carbon footprint, but you’ll also have fewer cleanings and less maintenance to worry about.
How Do Gas Hearth Appliances Work?
Gas hearth appliances can run on natural gas or propane, and the fuel is simply run directly to the appliance. Literally, all you have to do is press a button or flip a switch to turn the appliance on or off.
These hearth appliances are available in a range of options, from direct vent and vent-free to B-vent, which means you can choose which makes the most sense for your home and your installation space. Here’s a quick run-down of the biggest differences between the three:
- Direct Vent — Direct vent systems use two pipes: one for pulling combustion air from outside the home down into the firebox, and one for expelling byproducts like carbon monoxide from the home. Because these highly efficient “closed combustion systems” are sealed, you don’t have to worry about them taking air from inside the home or bringing cold outside air into the home. Additionally, with direct vent, draft problems and indoor air pollution concerns are eliminated, and you won’t lose any of the heat produced by the appliance up the chimney.
- Vent-Free Or Ventless — Vent-free or ventless gas appliances don’t have any venting systems at all. These are designed to burn at efficiency levels of 99%+ so that there aren’t any major byproducts to be vented from the home. As a result, vent-free gas fireplaces, stoves, inserts, and log sets can be easily installed just about anywhere. Another perk is that all of the heat produced by the appliance will go into your home. The downside to vent-free appliances is that, as efficient as they are, they do introduce some fumes and moisture to the home. This can be a problem for those with sensitivities and allergies, and can cause condensation on windows.
- B-Vent —B-vent or natural vent gas appliances are appliances that are designed to be vented through the roof. These are great options because they use very little room air for combustion and they effectively vent byproducts like carbon monoxide up and out of the home. The downside is that sometimes B-vent systems have been known to result in downdrafts and loss of some of the heat produced by the stove, fireplace, insert, or gas log set.
What Features Make Modern Gas Fireplaces, Inserts, Stoves & Logs So Appealing?
Modern gas appliances:
- can run on natural gas or propane, giving you the flexibility to choose which makes sense for your home
- are turned on and off with the touch of a button or the flip of a switch, so there’s no work or waiting
- can be enjoyed during a power outage, when you most need warmth
- are clean burning and highly efficient
- require zero effort, zero cleanup, and almost zero maintenance
- can heat rooms and homes of all sizes
They’re also customizable so that, no matter what type of living space you have — be it traditionally decorated or leaning more towards the modern or contemporary — you can find a gas fireplace, stove, insert, or log set to enrich your space.
We’re Proud To Sell & Install The Best Gas Hearth Appliances From The Best Brands
Here at Top Hat Chimney & Roofing, we’re proud to offer our clients in Fayetteville, Eureka Springs, Greenwood, Springdale, and the surrounding areas the most attractive, efficient, convenient, high-quality, and well-crafted gas appliances. We carry industry-leading brands like Astria, Regency, Valor, Napoleon, Hargrove, and Real Fyre. Whether you’re shopping for direct vent, vent-free, or B-vent, you’ll find it here.
Are you sold on gas and ready to have your new appliance installed? Installation is everything! Trust installation to the NFI gas-certified fireplace experts here at Top Hat Chimney & Roofing so you don’t have to worry about gas leaks, connection problems, carbon monoxide, poor performance, or a voided warranty. Our team is highly trained and knowledgeable and knows just what to do — every time. Call 479-751-0432 or request an appointment online today.